When One Hurts, We All Hurt

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 says, 'Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.'

When one of us hurts, we all hurt! The truth is we all have hurts and pains and disappointments. That's what being a human being is. I don't know how unbeliever's do it. I don't know how they can get through life with out the hope we have in Jesus. Christine and I have been through some pain and hurt of our own in the past few years and I don't know that either one of us could have made it through with out the Lord. I'm not sure I could have made it through with out her! We both suffered significant loses in our lives. I lost my mom almost three years ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss her or think about her. That left a deep wound that only the Lord can heal and it takes time. Christine lost our first baby a little over two years ago. She is still hurting that loss. We as people hurt and that's okay. Because we serve a God that is greater than all things, that is the giver of life, and even as cliche' as it sounds, has the whole world in His hands.



My plea to all of you is this... love one another. Pray for one another. Cry with one another. Please be in prayer for Maria, Bryan and the whole Tenny family. We love you guys and I love you all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment